The Moss Group’s mission is that we are a trusted partner – to leaders and their organizations – in creating optimal safety and well-being for staff and those persons under their care. Especially during these times, we are working closely with corrections leaders and staff to support the challenges, changes, and shifting priorities they are facing as a result of COVID-19. The pandemic has impacted nearly all aspects of operations within facilities to medical and mental health services, community services, and probation and parole.
The Moss Group (TMG) offers the following services to support your state, local, or federal agency and facilities.
COVID-19 Operations Review. From a full operational assessment of sixteen core domains to targeted areas of review, TMG will conduct a comprehensive review of policy, practice, staffing, training and overall operations in a wide range of areas. We will provide pragmatic, actionable recommendations to enhance best practice, support the safety and wellbeing of all persons, and strengthen preparedness for future infectious disease crises. Areas of in-depth review include:
- Leadership, management, coordination and collaboration
- Communication and training – staff, inmates, and community
- Policy review and development
- Staff wellness
- Emergency and infectious disease preparedness
- Visitors – including professional visits, contractors, service providers, educators
- Screening – employee, initial intake
- Isolation and Cohorting; care for the sick; quarantine; Inmate disease prevention
- Grievances and reporting; Investigations
- Small facilities or facilities without onsite medical
Workforce Development. The emotional and physical impact of COVID-19 on corrections staff has been monumental. Now more than ever, leadership and staff require ongoing support, guidance, and planning to maintain a healthy and safe environment. Examples of areas in which TMG can support your agency or facility staffing needs include the following:
- Employee wellness
- Organizational surveys, workplace assessments, and implementation plans
- One-on-one coaching
- Recruitment planning
- Leadership and supervisory training- leading through and after crisis
Virtual learning and online training. TMG will help your agency or facility adapt in-person training programs to online training programs, where appropriate, or create new online courses. TMG has expertise in developing virtual and online training using a wide range of technology options and that is engaging, interactive, and supports best practices in adult learning theory. Our service examples include:
- Developing and planning for virtual learning with your training team and leadership
- Adapting in-person training courses to effective online training sessions
- Providing TMG-led virtual and online training in areas of need
Contact Donna Deutsch, Director of Business Development, for more information on how we can support you.